About Hair Care
Hair care is not just a recent or modern practice that has become popular throughout the world. Hair care was a part of daily life for centuries and used by women and men to take care of their overall scalp and hair health. Hair care includes all the methods for promoting hair growth and strength, such as washing, oiling, conditioning, trying different hairstyles, consuming the right food for hair health, etc. There is no single formula for hair care, rather it has to be incorporated into your lifestyle based on your individual preferences and hair type, which is why hair care can mean different things for different people. A wide array of factors need to be taken into account while setting up the perfect hair care routine for you. Depending on your type of hair, you can formulate a simple hair care routine, but most importantly, you must follow it religiously every day for the best results.
Proper Hair Care Routine for
The first step in building a proper hair care routine is to know your hair type. For normal hair, there are some hair care tips and hacks that will help you keep your hair healthy.
- Keep your hair clean with the help of a good cleanser or shampoo. This is the most important step in preventing scalp infections, excess sebum secretion, dandruff and keeping your hair healthy.
- Never use hot water to rinse your hair because it strips off your scalp from moisture and natural oils that help in maintaining a healthy growth of hair.
- After washing, remember to conditioner your hair which will help hydrate and moisturize your hair.
- You can further hydrate your hair with the help of a process called moisturize and seal, which can be done with any sealing oil.
- Then you must detangle your hair to make them smooth and free of breakage. But you need to do this very carefully using a wide-toothed comb to avoid pulling and breaking your hair.
- The last step is optional, but now you can style your hair the way you want, while also keeping your hair and scalp happy.
- Even though you have normal hair, you may face a few problems with your hair such as hair loss, dandruff or breakage which are common to all types of hair. Taking proper care of your hair and washing them regularly with cold water will surely keep them healthy. 
Also read 7 ultimate benefits of hair cleanser.
Dry hair is very often related to dry skin and it may just be because of the way you take care of your hair. Bathing with extra hot water or exposing your hair to excessive steam can all be reasons for your hair becoming drier. So here are some everyday haircare tips for dry hair to make your hair super healthy:
- Start with a pre-shampoo hair routine which involves oiling your hair with a suitable hair oil. Oiling your hair will hydrate and nourish your hair and retain their moisture after washing.
- Use a good quality nourishing shampoo such as the Revlon Flex Normal to Dry Shampoo which is balanced for through cleansing and hydration. It is especially suitable for normal to dry hair and will make them bounce with a distinct shine.
- If you feel your hair may be excessively dry and damaged, the Flex Dry and Damaged shampoo will work wonders for you. It is especially formulated for nourishing dry and dull hair to provide the nutrients they need.
- The next step is using a hydrating conditioner to make sure your hair does not become dry at the ends after washing. The Flex Regular Conditioner is great for protecting your hair from excessive dryness and giving them that bounce.
- You can supplement this with a hair mask twice a week for better results. A rehydrating leave-in treatment or serum with hyaluronic acid will also do wonders for your hair and improve their health and texture.
If you have greasy hair, you must know the difficulty of washing your hair more often, wondering whether to oil your hair or follow the other hair care steps usually recommended for hair. Well, fret not, because we have come up with some professional tips for hair care routine for your oily hair.
- Don't wash your hair too often or even less often than required! This is because washing your hair too often may strip your scalp of natural oils and cause your skin to produce more oil in the process. On the other hand, if you leave your oily hair unwashed for more time, the sebum secreted by your scalp will accumulate in your hair and may cause hair infections. So decide the frequency of washing as per the oiliness of your hair.
- Wash your hair with shampoo carefully and in the right way to ensure all the shampoo applies thoroughly to your scalp and is also rinsed off properly. Avoid repeat cleansing of your hair.
- Condition just the ends of your hair and use very little product as it can make your hair greasy soon.
- Let your hair dry naturally rather than using blow dryers. This is because the heat tends to plump your hair cuticle, making it absorb more oil from the scalp and make your hair look oilier. 
20+ Hair Care Tips & Hacks Approved By Stylist
- Over-washing your hair will only make them prone to tangles and frizz by making them excessively dry. Though you may feel like washing your hair everytime it feels unclean is important, doing it too often will only damage your hair by producing more sebum.
- Be sure to observe any changes in your to detect damage and resolve hair issues as quickly as possible. If your hair ends appear straight and different from your hair roots, it is likely due to heat damage and you need to take better care of your tresses.
- Purchase hair products only after thorough research and know your hair and scalp type before choosing any product.
- Avoid hair products with silicone as it prevents moisture from being absorbed into your hair shafts which makes your hair look more damaged.
- Use a clean hair brush because your hair brush tends to contain a lot of hair product, dead skin and other dirt. This will transfer to your hair and make it unclean every time you use the dirty hairbrush.
- Don’t overuse hair products as it is one of the major reasons for damaged hair later on in life. Serums, hair setting sprays and gels are some hair products that can be loaded with chemicals and make your hair look greasy due to buildup.
- Avoid touching your hair often as it can transfer the grease from your fingers to your hair.
- Lower the temperature of the water while washing your hair. This is one of the most important basic hair care routine tips sworn by hair stylists. Rinse your hair with cold water in the end as it will seal the cuticle and bring more shine to your hair.
- Go for some trusted home remedies like onion hair oil, lemon juice and a couple drops of coconut or castor oil for healthy hair growth that is free of any complications.
- Stylists suggest not to rub your scalp in rough circular motions while applying or rinsing shampoo, as it will result in matted and tangled hair which will cause hair breakage while combing. Instead, use side to side movements for applying and removing the shampoo.
- One of the most important parts in keeping your scalp and hair healthy is eating the right type of food. Make sure you are getting your required protein intake and your hair will definitely show the signs!
- If you use pins and clips to hold your hair in place, make sure to change their position every one in a while to prevent breakage or weakness in the same place.
- Massage your scalp often to stimulate your hair follicles and increase blood circulation in your scalp.
- Visit a doctor or get checked for any vitamin or mineral deficiencies if you are experiencing hair fall for a long time.
- Trim your hair regularly, at least one in two-three months to get rid of split ends and keep your hair looking healthy.
- Use sprays or products that protect your hair from heat damage and from UV rays.
- Avoid heat stylish tools such as blow dryers or straighteners that cause additional damage to your hair.
- Avoid putting up your hair everyday, especially when they are wet as the tension may cause damage and hair loss.
- Take care of your hair while sleeping by replacing cotton pillow cases with silk ones to prevent friction on your hair strands.
- While using shampoo, don't apply it directly onto your scalp. Dilute it with water to make sure it spreads all over your scalp and also does not strip your scalp of all the oils.
Hair Care Products By Revlon
Now that you have some wonderful hacks to take better care of your hair, here are some hair products by Revlon India to make your hair look finer than ever.
- Flex Normal to Dry Shampoo: This protein shampoo is ideal for normal to dry scalp to nourish your hair and give it the shine and bounce you desire. It will thoroughly cleanse your scalp without stripping it off its natural oils.
- Flex Dry and Damaged Shampoo: This is specially formulated for dry and damaged hair and will hydrate your hair with the nutrients your scalp needs for healthy hair growth.
- Outrageous Color Protection Shampoo: If you are one who loves to color your hair, you need not worry about hair damage or dryness any more. This shampoo will protect your hair color as well as keep your hair clean.
- Flex Regular Conditioner: Use this protein conditioner after your shampoo to hydrate your tresses.
- Outrageous Color Protection Conditioner: Keep your hair hydrated and your hair color in perfect shape with this superb conditioner.
- Flex Extra Body Conditioner: Give your hair more volume and body with this strengthening conditioner.
- Colorsilk Beautiful Color: This silky and mesmerizing ammonia free hair color will give your hair a shine and stunning appearance for a long time. This specially blended formula is made with 3d gel technology which gives you rich and natural looking hair color.
- Revlon Color and Care Hair Color: This is our permanent hair color cream that promises 100% gray coverage and longer-lasting color.
- Top Speed Hair Color:
This healthy hair color is infused with ginseng root extract and mother of pearl to keep your tresses strong and shiny. You can apply this ammonia-free hair color easily in 5 minutes!
Revlon has some amazing hair care products and hacks to make sure your hair remains healthy, strong and shiny. Check out these and more hair care products at Revlon and buy them today for better hair health. We also offer a wide variety of skincare products and face makeup products with quality ingredients that give assured results.
Q. Why is my hair so thin I can see my scalp?
A: Hair thinning is becoming an increasingly common condition that can be caused by a number of factors including genetic reasons, prolonged exposure to chemicals in hair products, poor diet or lifestyle, tying hair too tightly, elevated stress levels and several other reasons.
Q. How can I add volume to my hair?
A: You can follow some of the tips mentioned above, such as avoid overwashing of hair, reduce using heat treatments, follow a healthy diet and use good hair products such as the Flex Extra Body Conditioner for thicker hair.
Q. Can thin hair become thick again?
A: Hair thinning can be a temporary problem and can be resolved by making certain diet and lifestyle changes. You can also take better care of your hair and massage them regularly.
Q. How can I improve the quality of my hair?
A: You can massage your hair to improve blood circulation, use good quality hair products free of silicones, avoid tying hair too tight and use cold water to wash your hair.
Q. Should I shampoo everyday if I have oily hair?
A: Excessively oily hair may need to be washed every day, but decide the frequency of washing based on the oiliness of your scalp as overwashing will only lead to damaged hair.
Q. How many times a week should you wash your hair?
A: Depending on your hair type, the frequency of washing your hair may change. Oily hair may need to be washed thrice a week, whereas dry hair only once.
Q. Why does the scalp get greasy often?
A: Not washing your hair for a long time, using dirty hair brushes, using blow dryers and straighteners, and running your fingers through your hair or constantly teasing them may make them get oily quicker.
Q. How to make your hair smell good?
A: Keeping your hair clean is the best way to get odor-free hair. You can also use a nice conditioner to get a good hair smell post washing.