Makeup is a form of art that requires the right tools and techniques that are learned over time. While there are no rules in makeup, there are steps that would help you achieve different makeup looks. These steps are what will get you to the finish line and have the desired look you were going for.
Highlighter is a face makeup product that comes in a palette with one or more shades for you to choose from. Highlighter is a makeup product that adds a glow to certain areas of your face. It gives you a bright and defined look that catches the light when it’s just right.
Just like other makeup products, there are highlighter makeup dos and don'ts that will help you and even make you better at applying highlighter makeup. These points are things you incorporate into your skills and some you need to stop doing in case you are. Knowing these things will help you use your highlighter in the best way possible and will give you that flawless glow that you’ve been aiming for.
There are different types of highlighter face makeup palettes and they come in different shades to suit people with different skin tones. Revlon’s highlighter palette comes in three beautiful shades and each palette has a series of shades for you to choose from every day. These shades can be used together or individually as you wish.
There are a few things to consider when figuring out which highlighter palette works best for you. Other things that can help you in learning what type of highlighter to use and how to use it include this highlighting palette dos and don'ts that would help you in applying your highlighter.
These dos and don'ts will help you and teach you how to use highlighter just right.
10 Do's & Don'ts of Using Face Highlighting Palette
Let’s dive right into the highlighting palette do's and don’ts to get you started in your highlighting makeup journey.
- When you apply a highlighter after your makeup, apply it on specific areas of your face like your cheekbones, the bridge of the nose, etc.
- When you apply a highlighter before your makeup, you can apply a thin layer of liquid highlighter before your foundation makeup.
- For a well-blended and natural look, you can use a slightly lighter foundation in the areas you want to apply your highlighter to brighten the base before applying the highlighter.
- For a glowy and natural look, you can mix a little bit of your highlighter with your moisturizer as long as you plan on applying your foundation afterwards.
- To complete your look, use a minimal amount of powder with a fine shimmer to get your desired glow.
- Highlighters brighten and contour adds depth. Using these two face makeup palettes would add depth and definition to your features.
- Invest in the right and good quality highlighter brush.
- Avoid applying too much highlighter because it might be different in different lighting. Applying a highlighter in one lighting might make it seem like not enough highlighter, whereas, it might be too much under different lighting. So, keep it minimal.
- Don’t forget to blend. This is the one rule in makeup that you should never forget to do. Blend and blend some more. The right technique with the right tool will get you your desired look.
- Avoid applying highlighter on areas of your face where you have more pores or large pores. Highlighter has a way of making your skin texture prominent when you apply it, therefore avoid those areas.
Where To Apply Face Highlighter?
There are different areas on your face where you can apply your face highlighter makeup to catch the light. These areas on your face are high points that can give your face a lifted look and even enhance those areas. These areas include:
- The high area of your cheekbones.
- The inner corners of your eyes.
- Below your brow bone.
- On the bridge of your nose.
- On the tip of your nose.
- On your forehead.
- On your cupid’s bow.
- On your chin.
For more details and a step-by-step guide on applying your highlighter, see How to Apply a highlighter like a Pro.
Revlon’s highlighting palette is one of the face makeup products you can find in a face makeup palette. Another product is powder blush and Revlon has one collection of face blush with different beautiful shades for you to choose from. Add this to your makeup products and learn the different ways you can enhance your makeup by combining different products with your highlighter.
Explore other face makeup palettes and products at Revlon now.
Q. Can you use a face highlighting palette for the eyes?
A: There are different types of face palettes and Revlon’s highlighting face palette is one of the items you can use for your eyes. This highlighter palette comes in various shades and each palette has a range of shades for you to choose from.
Q. How long can you use a face highlighting palette?
A: You can use a face makeup palette for as long as you can, till you finish using the product in the palette or at the end of the shelf life. Since this palette is a powder highlighter, then you can use it for as long as 24 to 36 months.
Q. How do I use a face highlighting palette?
A: There are different types of face palettes and our highlighting face makeup palette is pretty easy to use. There are different areas on your face that you can use like the bridge of your nose and your cupid’s bow. See “Where to apply face highlighter” above on how to use the face palette.
Q. Which face highlighting palette is best for Indian skin?
A: There are three shades of face colour highlighting palette available at Revlon and all the shades are perfect for all the different Indian skin tones. Once you figure out your skin tone, you can find which shade works best for your skin tone and choose that one.