Ingredients In Colorstay Full Coverage Foundation
Some of the key ingredients in the Revlon Colorstay full coverage foundation include:
- Salicylic acid: Salicylic acid is a miraculous anti-inflammatory and anti-acne agent that soothes your skin.
- Tocopherol: Tocopherol is nothing but Vitamin E, which is a strong antioxidant and when used in makeup, it prevents the makeup from oxidation. The sun’s rays and pollutants produce free radicals, which are countered by tocopherol and hence it prevents the premature aging of the skin.
- Glycerin: It is a skin-identical ingredient that has moisturizing properties, protects from irritants, improves skin barrier ability.
- Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract: The mallow plant extract is a soothing agent that is an anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant .
Benefits Of Using Colorstay Full Coverage Foundation
Now that you know the amazing ingredients present in the Colorstay full coverage foundation online by Revlon, here are some benefits of using this foundation:
- It is an impressively long-stay foundation and lasts upto 24 hours. This makes it a trustworthy choice for a foundation that can be used night or day.
- Its matte texture looks absolutely stunning and helps hold makeup for a longer time.
- It is whipped and made with a lightweight formula that feels easy to apply at any time.
- It comes in 8 different shades so that you can find the one that matches your skin color perfectly.
How To Apply Colorstay Full Coverage Foundation
- First, moisturize your skin with a good moisturizer. This is an essential step before using any full-coverage foundation.
- After this, wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Now squeeze two small pea-sized dabs of the foundation onto your palm.
- Use a foundation or makeup brush to blend the foundation from the center of your face in an outwards direction. This should be done in such a way that the edges of your face contain the least amount of foundation.
- Build the foundation wherever needed.
How To Choose Colorstay Full Coverage Foundation According To Skin Tone
- Dusky shade
For dusky shade, you can go for the warm golden shade or the toast shade. These will give you a great blend and ensure you get the look you desire.
- Pale shade
Pale shades can go for the cool shades such as sand beige and early tan. These will make sure your makeup looks ideal on your skin.
- Wheatish shade
Wheatish complexions can work with shades on both sides and have a lot of choices. They can go for the Buff, Nude, Natural Ochre or Natural Tan shades.
7 Tips On Where To Apply Colorstay Full Coverage Foundation
Here are some wonderful tips to apply the full coverage foundation in the right way:
- Mix some amount of moisturizer into your foundation. This extra touch will help your foundation blend more seamlessly with your skin.
- Place a dot of moisturizer each on your cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. Avoid applying the foundation from the edges and always start from the center.
- Use a makeup sponge for blending the foundation instead of using your fingers. In the end, you can smooth any lines with the help of your finger.
- Apply a thin layer at first and then double up if you feel the need to add an extra touch.
- Smooth over the foundation near your jaw, hairline and earlobes. Spread the remaining part on your neck and earlobes so the foundation looks properly blended.
- To add an extra dimension, add foundation to those areas of the face that naturally catch more sunlight. This includes your cheekbones and temples.
Things To Consider Before Buying Colorstay Full Coverage Foundation
- Go for tube foundations if you are always on the go. It is so much easier to carry in your purse and apply whenever needed. There are less chances of getting patchy areas like in the case of powder foundations.
- If you have oily skin, go for matte finish formulas that will not make your skin look greasy.
- Our full coverage formulas are ideal to give you the rich look you need, especially on special occasions.
- Go for formulas with hydrating agents and antioxidants, which not just make your skin look good but also keep your skin healthy.
Q. Is Revlon colorstay full cover foundation oil-free?
A: Yes, the colorstay full coverage foundation is an oil-free formula and is ideal for oily/ combination skin. It also comes with a matte finish to prevent your skin from looking extra greasy, which makes it an excellent choice for the summer.
Q. How do you know what shade of foundation to get?
A: The shade of foundation you choose should not be too light or too dark compared to your skin shade. You can try the foundation in natural light and try blending it with your jaw to determine which shade is the best for you.
Q. How long is Revlon colorstay full coverage foundation good for?
A: This foundation is one of the most long-stay foundations and lasts for a full 24 hours.